Instagram’s E-commerce Integration and why it should be part of your Marketing Strategy
Instagram, a photo and video sharing platform owned by Facebook, has been actively integrating e-commerce into the application, making it a prime marketplace for customers to quite literally do some “e-window-shopping”.
The pandemic has proved the necessity of e-commerce and also showcased the possibilities of e-commerce. From multi-national companies to home-made candle businesses, everyone is going online, and Instagram is adapting to the market.
The e-commerce integration of Instagram solves one major problem that websites like Amazon and Noon face. That is the inability of the customer to see the product they want to buy as it is. This gap in the shopping experience is what Instagram is trying to bridge and it’s been doing it quite effectively.
Now talking about why you should consider setting up shop on Instagram. According to Statista, Instagram has the 4th most active daily users amounting to 1.15 million users. Though it isn’t as big as Facebook, Instagram is a promising and growing platform especially with the younger generation who will soon enter the consumer market.
Here are more reasons to set up an Instagram Business account:
- Get access to analytics which will help you fine-tune your marketing strategy
- Promote your products with boosted ads
- Set up shoppable posts that excites the consumer to buy the product.
- You will be able to catch a ride on trends which will further promote your business.
- Be able to use a variety of tools like Instagram Stories, Reels, IGTV, etc. to your advantage.
Don’t miss out on an opportunity to optimize your marketing and business strategy. The sooner you switch the sooner you can win.